SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022 is a CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiative of SBI Foundation which focuses on providing financial assistance to meritorious students from low-income families across India to ensure continuity of their education. Under this scholarship program, students studying in Classes 6 to 12 can obtain the opportunity to receive a scholarship of INR 15,000 for one year.
This article will help you in having a deeper cognizance of this scholarship programme in terms of its application process, eligibility, documentation, and other needful information. Read further to have a detailed understanding of this scholarship and its application process.
SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022 – An Overview
SBI Foundation is the CSR arm of the State Bank of India. It believes in running interventions that are ethical, promote growth and equality, and create a positive impact on society.
It has introduced the SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022 in partnership with Buddy4Study (implementation partner) for students in classes 6 to 12 to support them in continuing their education.
The table given below consists of the essential details about the scholarship program for your quick reference.
Detailed Overview of SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022
|Name of the Scholarship||SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022|
|Provider Detail||SBI Foundation|
|Last Date to Apply*||October 15, 2022|
*The application deadline mentioned above is tentative and may change at the discretion of the scholarship provider.
SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022 – Key Dates
Now, with this brief piece of information, it is important to have knowledge of some other details. But before referring to them, the candidates are necessarily required to keep track of the important dates of application to this scholarship programme. The applications for SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022 are currently open. The last date to submit the application forms is October 15, 2022.
SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022 – Eligibility
- Students studying in Classes 6 to 12 are eligible.
- Applicants must have scored a minimum of 75% marks in the previous academic year.
- Annual family income of the applicant must not be more than INR 3,00,000 from all sources.
- Open for students pan India.
SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022 – Award Details
The students selected under SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022 will receive INR 15,000 for one year.
SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022 – Application Process
Eligible candidates can apply for the SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022 online by following the steps mentioned below:
- Read all the details carefully and Click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective category of scholarship.
- Login to Buddy4Study using a registered ID to land on the ‘Online Application Form Page’.
- If not registered – Register with your Email/Mobile Number/Gmail account.
- You will now be redirected to the ‘SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022’ application form page.
- Click on the ‘Start Application’ button to begin the application process.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form.
- Upload relevant documents.
- Accept the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click on ‘Preview’.
- If all the details filled in by the applicant are correctly showing on the preview screen, click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the application process.
SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022 – Key Documents
Candidates applying for this scholarship program need to upload the following documents while applying –
- Marksheet of the previous academic year
- A government-issued identity proof (Aadhaar card/voter identity card/driving license/PAN card)
- Current year admission proof (fee receipt/admission letter/institution identity card/bonafide certificate)
- Bank account details of applicant (or parent)
- Income proof (Form 16A/income certificate from government authority/salary slips, etc.)
- Photograph of the applicant
SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022 – Selection Process
The selection of scholars for the ‘SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022’ will be made on the basis of their academic merit and financial background. It involves a multi-stage process as detailed below –
- Initial shortlisting of applications based on their academic merit and financial background
- Telephonic interview of shortlisted candidates followed by document verification for final selection
SBI Asha Scholarship Program 2022 – Contact Details
In case you have any queries related to this scholarship programme, its eligibility, the application process, award details, or selection process, you are requested to connect through the contact details given below: