|Full name||Mahendra Singh Dhoni|
|Born||7 July 1981
Ranchi, Bihar (now Jharkhand), India
|Nickname||Mahi, Captain Cool Thala|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
Dhoni exemplified all that was good about India’s burgeoning middle class. He did not care about people’s reputations, yet he never treated them badly. He improvised, he learned, but he made no apologies for his less-than-elegant batting technique. He developed into a versatile ODI hitter who could amass, rebuild, and still hit massive sixes. On July 7, fans will celebrate MSD birthday as the veteran will turn 40 this year. During his playing career, the former Team India captain has won every major cricketing award imaginable.
|Test debut (cap 251)||2 December 2005 v Sri Lanka|
|Last Test||26 December 2014 v Australia|
|ODI debut (cap 158)||23 December 2004 v Bangladesh|
|Last ODI||9 July 2019 v New Zealand|
|ODI shirt no.||7|
|T20I debut (cap 2)||1 December 2006 v South Africa|
|Last T20I||27 February 2019 v Australia|
|T20I shirt no.||7|
Pan Singh, a MECON manager, and Devki Devi, a housewife, gave birth to him. His father is from Lvali village in Uttarakhand’s Almora district. Dhoni Family is a middle-class Rajput family from Ranchi, Jharkhand. Born on 7th July 1981, dhoni age is 40. Politician Narendra Singh Dhoni is his elder brother. He joined the BJP in 2009 but quit due to dissatisfaction with the party’s leadership. In 2013, he joined the Samajwadi Party. Dhoni has a sister named Jayanti Gupta. She is an English teacher.
Since July 4, 2010, M.S. Dhoni has been married to Sakshi Singh Rawat. Sakshi Singh Rawat, MS Dhoni wife, is from Dehradun, Uttarakhand. She worked at the Taj Bengal in Kolkata after studying hotel management. On February 6, 2015, the couple welcomed a baby daughter into the world. Dhoni daughter name is Ziva Dhoni.
Dhoni Height and Physical Appearance
- Height: 5’9”
- Weight: 75 kilograms
- Eye color: Dark brown
- Hair color: Black
MS Dhoni House
Dhoni used to reside in a palatial three-story home in Ranchi’s Harmu Housing with his parents, wife, and daughter Ziva. MS Dhoni has been spotted in several images on social media spending quality time with his daughter. The Dhoni family has now relocated to his magnificent home, ‘Kailashpati.’ Furthermore, there have been allegations that this home has an indoor stadium.
His effort and enthusiasm for cricket have definitely rewarded him with remarkable achievements.
MS Dhoni Net Worth
With a net worth of a total of Rs. 767 crores, Dhoni is the second richest cricketer in the world. MS Dhoni is a household name in the global brand sector. His net worth is projected to rise at a rapid rate as an active player for India in the limited-overs version of cricket.
MS Dhoni Records
Source: ESPNcricinfo, 3 April 2022
- After Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly & Rahul Dravid, he was the fourth Indian cricketer to reach 10,000 ODI runs and also the second wicket-keeper to attain the milestone.
- When batting at number 6, he has the most lifetime runs (4031 runs) in ODI history.
- The sole player in ODI cricket history to score more than one century while batting at number 7 or below (Dhoni has 2 tonnes at number 7)
- In ODI, he is the first Indian and fifth overall player to hit 200 sixes.
- Dhoni set the record for the highest score by a wicket-keeper when he hit 183* against Sri Lanka in 2005.
- As a captain who has also served as a wicketkeeper, he currently holds the record for most ODI matches played (200).
- He has the most stumpings (120) of any wicket-keeper in one-day internationals and is the only keeper to reach 100 stumpings.
- The first Indian wicket-keeper to reach 300 ODI catches, and only the fourth wicket-keeper in the world to do so.
- Dhoni’s captaincy led India to the top of the Test cricket rankings for the first time in 2009.
- With 27 Test victories, he has surpassed Sourav Ganguly’s record of 21 victories.
- The first Indian wicket-keeper to reach the 4,000-run mark in Test cricket.
- Dhoni is the most dismissive Indian wicketkeeper of all time, with 294 dismissals in his career.
- In T20Is, he has the most victories (41) and matches (72) as a captain.
- In T20Is, he has the most dismissals (87) and stumpings (33) as a wicket-keeper.
MS Dhoni Awards
- 2018: Padma Bhushan, India’s third-highest civilian award.
- 2009: Padma Shri, India’s fourth-highest civilian award.
- 2007−08: Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India’s highest honor given for achievement in sports.
- ICC ODI Player of the Year: 2008, 2009
- ICC World ODI XI: 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 (captain in 2009, 2011-2014)
- ICC World Test XI: 2009, 2010, 2013
- Castrol Indian Cricketer of the Year: 2011
- MTV Youth Icon of the Year: 2006
- LG People’s Choice Award: 2013
- Honorary doctorate degree by De Montfort University in August 2011